Share

February 21, 2011

Snow Tubing Cowl

Started 2/19/11; Completed 2/21/11

Now those who know me know that I am not a fan of winter - from the trudging through the snow, to driving on slippery roads, to dealing with the SAD (seasonal affective disorder). So I try to make the winter season "fun" if I can crawl out of bed and deal with the layers of clothing. 

Snow Tubing has been on my "winter list of things to do" so I was so excited when the opportunity came up to go with a group of friends. Thanks to the handy dandy Google search, I read on the what to and what not to wear. I was so excited but was worried about catching a cold because I did not have the proper jacket or chest/neck covering. Being the frugal spender that I am (at least most of the time) I borrowed the jacket and knitted a cowl. 

This cowl is designed by Margaux Hufnagel. It was a quick knit but the wool was not cheap!!! (Defies my frugality. More on this later)

The snow tubing cowl kept me warm throughout and I love it.


This was my first time working with circular needles. When I purchased them I did not know that I had to buy smaller needles than what the knitting pattern calls for. For example, if the work is supposed to be 26" in the round, circular needles should be 24". Despite that it was not that difficult to work on.



I had some trouble weaving in the ends of the cowl but I tucked in the trouble areas into the wrong side. I also added some white yarn to break up the brown color a little bit.
  

 
The Rowan Big Wool used is pricey (a hefty $15.00 per skein) and sheds a little but does the job.

I am looking forward to knitting more cowls for next winter...or maybe I should move to a warm place eh?!?






No comments :

Post a Comment

AddThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...