Share

May 31, 2011

Grandma Cardigan

Started 5/31/11; Work in progress

You can't imagine my horror when I showed my friend the picture of this cardigan and he was quick to say it was grandma-ish!! I was quite insulted to say the least.


Anyway I still love the color and pattern (designed by Kimberly McAlindin) and I hope to find a way to bring it to the 21st century...(hheeee...heee).

6/5/11 - I am right about to frog this project and use the yarn for something else. The instructions are so difficult to follow. Maybe I am being too adventurous crocheting an intermediate pattern with my beginner skills.

6/9/11 - I am glad I didn't give up. I asked for help on one of the crochet forums on Ravelry and now everything makes sense. I am well on my way to completing this project.

6/24/11 Finished the back and front, now working on the sleeves. This is coming along a lot slower than I would like it but I haven't worked on it in over a week. That's because I attended an intense gym class and was too exhausted and sore to do anything afterwards. You would think I should have known better from the name of the class - body attack!!!! 

Back and Front flaps

Sleeve

Pattern up close

2 comments :

  1. Thank you so much. I am almost done with the cardigan and will post pictures soon.

    ReplyDelete

AddThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...