Share

July 6, 2012

Tissue Paper Pom-Poms

Follow Martha Stewart's tutorial on how to make tissue pom-poms.

My vision was to use the pom-poms in the church pews as well as altar area. The idea was to distract the eye from the extra stuff on the altar area (chairs, piano, speakers) and narrow the view to the section where the couple would be saying their vows. See the extra stuff?

Church Before
I wanted to fill the altar area with white & ivory pom-poms and floating candles but no thanks to United who lost my luggage that had the pom-poms, I had to come up with a plan B on the day of the wedding. Note to self: do not return from a vacation the day before a wedding. 

Despite the hiccups, I think it came out nicely. What do you think?

Church After
Pompoms on pews - green, turquoise, ivory

 I love the way the pompoms worked with the jade bridesmaids dresses and jade ties for the grooms men.

Pompoms and bridal party attire






2 comments :

  1. How did you attach the pom poms to the pews?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you look at Step 2 of Martha Stewart's tutorial on how to make the pompoms, floral wire is used in the center of the tissue paper. I used ribbon instead. I cut it long enough so that it hang once the tissue paper is fluffed, then used the ribbon tail to tape the pompom to the pew. The pompom was big enough to hide the ribbon tail.

      Delete

AddThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...