Share

September 27, 2011

Jamila Henna /Finger Coils

For my 2nd henna treatment I used Jamila BAQ 2009. It was on sale on www.hennaforhair.com and I am one of those ladies that cannot pass up on a good deal...but I digress. So I used the same henna recipe (leaving out the lemon juice - see henna post) and added honey instead...thank you Curly Nikki http://www.curlynikki.com/2008/12/henna-pictorial.html. It worked out well.



I love the Jamila henna. It washed off easily and left no henna residue in my hair. I also like the color of my hair although this may be due to the fact it's my 2nd henna treatment. I must say since using henna my hair is breaking less, is so soft and has a wonderful shine to it.



After an intense deep treatment (aka sandwich hair - see recipe below), I was having a hard time figuring out how to style my hiar. I decided to redo the finger coils I had last week which BTW didn't last that long. This is another problem I run into - finding hairstyles that would last all week even after working out. Any suggestions are welcome. Below are some pics of the finger coils I had last week.

1st day hair
1st day hair

3rd or 4th day hair 

Deep Treatment Recipe
1 Avocado
Mayo
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Honey
Sorry I do not have exact measurements but make sure you get a creamy mix. Do not add too much EVOO. Whip everything in a blender until you get a creamy mix, add to hair and marinate for 1-2 hours. Rinse out with warm water and follow with conditioner if you like.


Just to prove that henna is adding some sheen to my hair, here are some pics of the transition...
1st hairdo before henna

After 1st henna treatment - reddish tint in light

2nd henna treatment - more sheen

No comments :

Post a Comment

AddThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...